Former Montclair Property Owners Association (MPOA) President,
Small Business CEO, Nonprofit Leader,
Retired U.S. Coast Guard Officer
Focused on improving transportation, schools, jobs and business development in Prince William County
The challenges and opportunities facing Prince William County are enormous. Our local government must be up to the challenge of modernizing our roads and transportation options, improving our schools, and facilitating job creation and growth in the private sector so Prince William residents do not have to commute to other counties to work. I hope to earn voters’ support to serve on the Board of Supervisors, because I believe that together we can meet these challenges and make this great place to live even better.
Doug Taggart is a retired United States Coast Guard officer, is currently the President of Overlook Systems Technologies, Inc. a small business headquartered in Vienna, Virginia providing professional engineering and technical services to the Department of Defense on the Global Positioning System (GPS).
Doug is a longtime community volunteer in Prince William County where he is the Treasurer and former President of the Montclair Property Owners Association (MPOA), representing nearly 15,000 residents. He is also the President & CEO of Azalea Charities, Inc., a dual-mission, all volunteer charity – serving Boys & Girls Clubs, Special Olympics, Homeless Shelters (ACTS, SERVE, Carpenter’s Shelter), Leukemia/Lymphoma Research, Juvenile Diabetes, and Education-based projects – as well as performing its mission for Aid to Wounded Warriors and veterans. Doug is a member of the Montclair Lions Club where he is the 2017 recipient of the Melvin Jones Fellowship award, the highest award presented by Lions Club International for recognition of humanitarian work and community service.
Doug and his wife Diane have lived in Prince William County for more than twenty-five years. They are the parents of three children who each attended Prince William County public schools and Virginia public universities, and grandparents of eight.
Deep roots in Prince William County
- Resident of Prince William County since 1992
- Montclair Property Owners Board Member (1997-present)
- President (2004-2007)
- Treasurer (2011-present)
- President & CEO of Azalea Charities, Inc. a Dumfries based all-volunteer charity serving Local Community organizations, e.g., ACTS, SERVE, and Aid for Wounded Warriors (1999-present)
- Montclair Lions Club (1995-present)
- Past President (1999-2000)
- Secretary (2017-present)
- Melvin Jones Fellowship Recipient (2017)
- American Legion Post 28 (2008-present)
- Prince William County Republican Committee
- Currently serving as the Military, Veterans & Law Enforcement Outreach Programs Manager
- Hylton High School Crew Boosters Club President (1996-2000)
- Saint Francis of Assisi Church Triangle, VA
- Doug and his wife, Diane, have lived in Montclair since moving to Virginia in 1992. Living in Montclair they have raised three children, Sarah, Kaitlin and Scott. They have eight grandchildren.
- President of Overlook Systems Technologies, Inc., a professional engineering and technical services company headquartered in Vienna, Virginia providing support to the Department of Defense and other federal government agencies on the Global Positioning System (1997 to present)
- Retired United States Coast Guard Officer (Commander) (1976-1996)
- Congressional Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) (2005-2006)
- Community Associations Institute – Legislative Action Committee (LAC) Member (2009-2011)
- Senior Member Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Chairman of IEEE USA Committee on Communications Policy (2008-2010)
- Chairman of IEEE-USA Committee on Aerospace and Transportation Policy (2010-2012)
- Institute of Navigation (1980-present)
- Satellite Division Secretary (2014-2016)
- Government Fellow Selection Committee (2015-2016)
- Radio Technical Commission for Maritime Services (2012-present)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) International, Systems Management Council (SMC), Positioning, Navigation and Timing (PNT) Committee, Secretary (2017-present)
- United States Coast Guard Academy, 1976, BSEE
- Purdue University, 1980, MSEE